We are currently looking for a Cyber Security Engineer. In this role, you will be the security SME and will describe and document the impact of security policies, standards and architecture. You will also provide security direction to clients to ensure it is a key focus for all projects and all initiatives.
- Business and Project Consulting
- Project engagement during the initiation, requirements, and design stages to ensure that security has been considered and is included into the design
- Security review and design of complex applications and technologies
- Evaluation and maintenance of security system plans and procedures
- Identify that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved
- Implement security designs by working with the network engineers in leveraging policies, standards, and patterns including controls to support the specific project requirements
- Provide testing scenarios to the business, ensuring the security controls are in place as required
- Designing and managing security controls within service providers and the cloud
- Challenge business and IT colleagues and have the “difficult conversations” where needed
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Accurately enter and maintain ticket information including notes and resolution
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing requests and change controls
- Internal IT support as needed
- Other duties as required
- At least 5 years of information technology with at least 3 years in IT Security.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Information Security Qualifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, and SABSA practitioner preferred.
- Knowledge of government compliance standards (NIST, DISA STIG, USGCB, CIS Benchmark)
- Experience with SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
- Familiar with various controls including NIST
Must also have:
- Ability to work evenings or weekends on occasion
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
Our client offers a great atmosphere in a growing company. Apply today for immediate consideration!